Formerly known as Bass Mansion, in 1982, Brookside was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The hand-carved, sandstone mansion was the private residence of industrialist John Henry Bass from 1902-1944. The Sisters of Saint Francis of Perpetual Adoration bought the home and more than 65 acres of surrounding landscape from the Bass family in 1944 and relocated the college here from Lafayette, Indiana. Today, Brookside hosts a variety of university events, and is home to the President’s Office and Development Office. Guided one hour tours are offered January through October during normal business hours. Brookside is also the location for Christmas and the Castle, where the entire mansion is decorated for the Christmas season.