Why education at USF?
- We offer undergraduate and graduate programs
- We emphasize becoming "complete teachers"
- We build community service into the coursework.
- We maximize learning for school children.
High School Students
- Hope to inspire learning in elementary and secondary-age young people?
- Looking for a university that offers a wide range of majors?
USF offers 11 majors, in secondary, elementary, and special education. Beginning their freshman year, education students observe in real classroom settings, where they work with dedicated professors and veteran teachers who show them how to overcome classroom challenges and meet their professional goals.
- Currently hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree?
- Wishing to move your careers to the next stage?
- Want an online program that allows you to continue working?
For “career growers,” and those who hope to join the education profession, our master’s degrees, teacher licensure, and continuing education / license renewal, programs make returning to school a realistic option. Our master's level courses are held online with optional onsight collaboration with highly qualified faculty.
A secure, supportive sense of community develops as education students learn, play, and work together in small classes and organizations such as Educators In Action. Even our online graduate students come to know and trust professors who genuinely care about their students’ success. No matter where you decide to teacher (close to home or somewhere far away) USF's Department of Education is state and nationally accredited. USF graduates are qualified to teach not only in Indiana, but across the country and around the globe. So, what are you waiting for? Apply NOW!