Apply for Financial Aid
Steps in Applying for Financial Aid
Students and families who wish to be considered for federal, state and institutional funding through the University of Saint Francis must:
- Apply for and be accepted to the University of Saint Francis.
- Complete and return the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications are accepted starting January 1 prior to the beginning of fall semester. Completion of the FAFSA will allow students to be automatically evaluated for a Federal Pell Grant.
- Be sure to use the USF school code: 001832
- To be eligible for funds from the State of Indiana (Indiana residents only), the FAFSA must be received by the central processing system by March 10th prior to the beginning of fall semester, list an eligible Indiana institution, and request the information be submitted to the State of Indiana for consideration. Eligible students must meet Indiana residency requirements.
- The University of Saint Francis has a priority deadline of March 10 for institutional funding. The university will award funds to students completing the FAFSA after the March 10 deadline as funds are available.
It is important that students keep a copy of applications submitted and documentation used in the completion of the application.
It is the student's responsibility to ensure the FAFSA is completed each year even though they may receive assistance from their parents in completing the application process.
During the processing of a student's FAFSA, the U.S. Department of Education will select files at random for a process called verification. Students who are selected for verification will be notified by the school and must provide the requested documentation to be eligible for federal, state or institutional funds.
Students who are selected for verification will not receive funding until the verification materials have been submitted and the financial aid file is completed. Students who do not comply with the request for additional information are responsible for making the necessary payment arrangements with the university's business office.
The University of Saint Francis reserves the right to adjust a student's award as necessary in order to comply with federal, state and institutional financial aid guidelines and federal regulations.