Cougar Classic a classic example of success, fun
The Cougar Classic two-day event generated approximately $50,000 for USF Athletics, thanks to title sponsor Steel Dynamics and presenting sponsors, General Petroleum Inc., Glenbrook Automotive Group, PNC Bank and Kelley Automotive Group, said USF Athletic Director Mike McCaffrey.
Over 150 people attended the night-before VIP party at the home of event host former NFL player Jason Fabini, enjoying food by Eddie Merlot's and beverages courtesy of Five Star Distributing. Local musician Mike Conley entertained.
Thirty teams were treated to a fun-filled day at Bridgewater Golf Course in Auburn the next day, with team Eddie Merlot's edging out Team Kelley Automotive in a tie-breaker to be crowned the first-ever winners of the Cougar Classic.
"If I had any expectations going into this event, they would have been blown away," one golfer was heard to say.
"The energy and generosity of our two hosts, Keith Busse and Jason Fabini, was overwhelming and a true testament of the commitment those two individuals give to a cause when they put their name on it. This event would not have been nearly as successful without those two leading the way," McCaffrey said.
"This is a great building block for where we need to go as a university, and specifically an athletic department. As this event grows, we will be able to help many more student-athletes and put a great emphasis on those who may not otherwise be able to attend our great university."
We Want Your Story
The Marketing Team is looking for people and stories to be featured on the homepage. Have you taken a class from a great professor that you think deserves to be featured? Know an alumnus who has an interesting job? Maybe you have done work that made a difference to people? How has USF impacted your life? We want to know your story! Send an email to the webmaster and tell us why you or someone you know should be featured on sf.edu.
- We the People
- Campus busy for Christmas at USF
- A day “on”—USF-style
- Chile immersion a service adventure
- Forget glamour
- Historic MLK Jr. speech anchors USF’s “Future of Education”
- Student’s rain garden supports Green Campus initiatives
- Setting the Stage for Comedy
- USF Diversity Resource Center will provide lots of ways to view differences
- Tickled pink—and blue—and purple—etc.
- Sweet Deal
- One unique heart
- All you need is Love
- Steel Magnolias
- Future of Nursing
- Cougar Classic
- USF students partner with Fort Wayne Children's Zoo on video
- Art Deco Clothing
- Homecoming 2012
- Bennett visits USF to discuss education changes
- Will Rogers Follies
- Cultivating Confidence
- Spring play examines social injustice
- It's All for Them
- Troubadours, Cougars enjoy phenomenal Homecoming
- SOCA students soar at Addy awards
- Cold reigns at first Cougar Chill