Associate Of Science - Medical Laboratory Technician
Students will fulfill the general education requirements through various courses in social and natural sciences, humanities, religious studies and math with the majority of coursework focusing on science and laboratory competencies. The combination of general education and clinical coursework prepares the student for either immediate employment and or for transfer to baccalaureate and graduate degrees.
Full-time and staff at the Crown Pont campus serve as academic advisors and mentors to medical laboratory technician majors, assisting them to design a program that helps them complete a degree or continue to a bachelor's degree.
Full time faculty will also serve as instructors in many of the program's courses, giving students a rich interdisciplinary experience.
The University of Saint Francis Crown Point is pleased to offer this program that weds a values-based education with a technical degree. Students will have the benefit of a transferable core of general education classes and a degree that will make them immediately employable.
How Do I Apply for Admission?
- Request an application for admission from the Office of Admissions or apply online.
- If completing a paper application send the completed application along with the required non-refundable application fee of $20 to the Office of Admissions.
- Have an official copy of your high school transcript showing class rank and ACT or SAT results sent to the Admissions Office. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the school and have a school seal or signature of a school official.
- If you did not finish high school, have your high school transcript sent in addition to your GED test score results.
- If you have attended post-secondary institutions, submit an official transcript from each institution attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the institution and have the seal or signature of an official.
- If you have been in military service, submit a copy of your DD214 military discharge form.
The combination of general education, science and technical lectures and clinical rotations will provide students with a pathway to a new career and open avenues for leadership and service potential. The degree also aligns with the university's rich history of providing qualified graduates for professions that serve others and contribute to the common good.
The Associate of Science-Medical Laboratory Technician at the University of Saint Francis Crown Point provides another option for students interested in a health sciences career that builds upon the university's current focus and the reputation of the campus. Coursework balances the foundations of science with focused technical skills. An opportunity to complete the 16 credit hours of clinical rotations is available through Franciscan Alliance, Inc. The clinical laboratory science/medical technology program has a long tenure at the University of Saint Francis main campus at the bachelor degree level. Additionally, market studies have identified associate-level clinical lab science as a substantial growth area in health sciences. It is a clear higher-education-to-career degree, and provides students with a pathway to baccalaureate and graduate degrees.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Financial aid is available in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work study. More than 95 percent of undergraduate students receive financial assistance, with most receiving more than one type of aid. Early Estimator packages are available for dependent students during the fall at www.sf.edu/financialaid. All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Priority deadline is no later than March 10.
For More Information
Call the Crown Point Enrollment Office Toll Free at 877-803-8879 or 219-488-8888.