The University of Saint Francis accepts a limited number into this program. You will be considered for admission into the program after meeting the admission criteria. We recommend you have four years of college preparatory English; three years of college preparatory math; three years of laboratory science; two years of social sciences; and another 14 credits in foreign language, fine arts and elective/vocational courses.
The applicant without previous college experience must meet two of the following criteria:
- Rank in the upper half of the high school graduating class.
- Have a high school GPA of (2.40/4.00) or above.
- Earn a Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT) score of 1000 (Verbal/Critical Reading and Math combined) or an ACT composite score of 21 or higher.
- For SAT test administrations prior to April 1995, a score of 800 is required.
- Possess a General Educational Development (GED) total score of 2500, with no subscore below 500. Prior to 2002, a composite score of at least 50 and no sub score below 40 is required.
Previous health care experience is helpful, but not required.
Final consideration for acceptance will be made by the Surgical Technology Admissions Committee. Each applicant will be reviewed on an individual basis. Exceptions to the stated requirements may be made at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Applicants who have previously attended an accredited college or university must submit official college transcripts with a GPA of (2.40/4.00) or above in 12 credit hours of academic courses.
How do I apply for admission?
- Request an application for admission from the Office of Admissions.
- Send the completed application along with the required non-refundable application fee of $20 to the Office of Admissions.
- Have an official copy of your high school transcript showing class rank and ACT or SAT results sent to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the school and have a school seal or signature of a school official.
- If you did not finish high school, have your high school transcript sent in addition to your GED test score results.
- If you have attended post-secondary institutions, submit an official transcript from each institution attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the institution and have the seal or signature of an official.
- If you have been in military service, submit a copy of your DD214 military discharge form.