Coworker and Family Education Benefit
USF is pleased to extend education benefits to all qualifying full- and part-time Franciscan Alliance/SPI coworkers and dependents. Transfer students are eligible and a coworker can receive either benefit, as well as his/her LDA and any number of dependents, all at the same time.
Franciscan Alliance and the University of Saint Francis in Fort Wayne, Indiana, make up the twin ministry of the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration. Located in Fort Wayne and Crown Point, Indiana, the University of Saint Francis was established in 1890 on a foundation of Catholic and Franciscan values.
Franciscan Alliance/SPI Undergraduate Scholarship (On USF Campus)
The University of Saint Francis provides a generous Franciscan Alliance Scholarship for you and your dependents in associate and bachelor degree programs.
- $10,000 minimum tuition benefit (not stackable with other university awards)
- 4-year renewable scholarship for students in good standing
- Employee, legally domiciled adult, and/or dependent as determined by FAFSA
- Exclusively for on-site full-time USF students enrolled at Fort Wayne or Crown Point in associate or bachelor degree programs.
- Crown Point area Franciscan Alliance employees may have other tuition discount options for on-ground degree programs. Please contact your Human Resource professional, or USF Crown Point for details.
Check current tuition rates, or to begin the process for on-campus enrollment, please complete a benefit form so we can certify your status with Franciscan Alliance/SPI. An on-campus enrollment application is needed in addition to the benefit form.
Reduced Tuition Rates for Online Degrees
Online programs are offered through the USF Virtual Campus and include RN-BSN and a number of graduate programs. USF online programs are high quality, flexible, convenient and competitively priced which makes your next degree even more affordable.
Franciscan Alliance coworkers, LDAs and dependents receive a 5% tuition reduction for fully online degree-seeking programs. Apply now to begin the process for online enrollment. Your status with Franciscan Alliance/SPI will be certified after we receive your application. No separate forms are needed.
If my dependent starts at USF and receives the undergraduate scholarship, and during the course of the program no longer stays a dependent, does he/she still continue to receive the undergraduate scholarship?
No. Once the FAFSA defines the student as no longer a dependent, the student is no longer eligible for the undergraduate scholarship.
If a currently enrolled student in an eligible program becomes a benefited Franciscan Alliance co-worker, when do they become eligible for the scholarship?
The following semester.
What if my dependent student is also an employee of Franciscan Alliance; may they receive both benefits?
No, each student is allowed only one benefit.
Can tuition be paid through a payroll deduction?
Not at this time.
Is there an employment requirement from Franciscan Alliance to stay an employee after receiving the benefit for a certain amount of time?
If an employee leaves Franciscan Alliance, the currently enrolled employee, LDA or dependent may receive the USF discount:
- through the completion of the current semester for Virtual Campus programs.
- through the current school year for the on USF campus Undergraduate Scholarship.
Employees receiving tuition reimbursement through Franciscan Alliance must follow the Education Assistance policy*:
- Employees receiving tuition reimbursement must remain with any Franciscan entity after completion of the course(s) and work at least 2080 hours (equivalent to one year of full-time 1.0 FTE status).
- Any employee leaving before working at least 2080 hours after the completion of the course reimbursed will be required to pay back the full assistance received. Example: If an employee resigns and has only worked 1,020 hours after completion of a course(s), he/she would be responsible to repay Franciscan for the full cost of the tuition reimbursed for that course(s).
*Policy details above subject to change. See the Franciscan Alliance intranet for the Education Assistance policy.
Have Additional Questions?
Please contact email@example.com, or 260.399.7700 with questions.