Social work is a rewarding profession, because we work with and on behalf of people.
What do social workers do?
- We collaboratively seek solutions for the well-being of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Our work is rooted in the core values of service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence.
- We advocate for those who are experiencing the oppressive affects of poverty, marginalization, and discrimination is the hallmark of the profession.
- We are case managers, counselors, advocates, outreach workers, neighborhood developers, program planners and developers, policy writers, social change agents, and researchers.
- We create social change, because we care.