HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
Public Program Visitors
Use the show information above the asterisk line.
Group Program Leaders
All the information on this page above and below the asterisk line is provided for planing your group's program.
Audience: Grades 5 thru Adult
Total Time: 90 minutes includes planetarium show and a staff led live sky tour.
The Planets is a tour of our solar system's eight planetary systems and Trans Neptunian objects including Pluto. This visually stunning tour of our solar system features recent imagery and video from NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA). The Planets is narrated by the actress Kate Mulgrew, well known as Captain Janeway of the 7-year television series "Star Trek: Voyager". The tour ends visiting a few planets around other stars and the cosmic forces that bring solar systems into being. The original musical score is by internationally acclaimed "space music" composer/performer John Serrier.
For a customized group experience the staff led tour of the sky will be adjusted appropriately to allow for the group's specific customization within the alloted total time.
The Schouweiler staff led group live segment for The Planets can be customized with activities to help further explain one or more planet related subjects and phenomenon such as:
- Scientific Method and what happened to Pluto
- Additional Planet specific data for a Planet or Planetary systems
- Including specific satellites
- Trans Neptunian Objects and Dwarf Planets
- ExoPlanets and Methods for Discovery
- Newton's Laws
- 3 Laws of Gravitational Motion
- Universal Law of Gravitation
- Newton's Laws
- Planetary Motion
- Kepler's 3 Laws of Planetary Motion
- The 2-R's: Rotation and Revolution
- Direct and Retrograde Planetary Motion in Earth's Sky
- Zodiac (13 Constellations)
- Geocentric Universe & Heliocentric Universe Theory
- Scientific Method
- Occam's Razor
If your group's interest is not listed, then of course ask when booking, or when contacted about customizing your group's live segment.