Megan Winegarden, MSN, EdM, RN
MSN, University of Saint Francis, 2007
EdM, Boston University, 1988
BS, College of St. Francis, Joliet, 1984
Diploma, Butterworth Hospital School of Nursing, 1980
- Critical Care/Leadership/Management Nursing
- Certified as Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding Clinical Achievement University of Saint Francis 2007
- Outstanding Theory Achievement University of Saint Francis 2007
- Sigma Theta Tau International and Xi Nu At large chapter
- Vice President Xi Nu
- “The Marriage of Evidence-Based Practice and Bedside Clinical Practice”, published in Pulse Points, School of Health Science Magazine.
- Co-presenter at METI HSPN Conference “Disarray in the Sim Bay” regarding a simulation exercise co-developed for BSN senior students to teach delegation and prioritization, Orlando, FL.
- Café style presentation at Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities on the topic of “Using Saint Francis’ Canticle of the Creatures in teaching in the First Year Experience”, Fort Wayne IN.
- “Heart Failure Across the Continuum” Presented to the state conference of Hoosier Home Care, Hospice and DME Conference, Presented with Carol Rink RN, and Connie Bickle BS, RN, Indianapolis IN.
- Clinical Reasoning: The Forest for the Trees presented to DNP students and faculty at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Lateral Violence in Nursing presented to DNP students and faculty at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Patricia Benner and her Clinical Wisdom to DNP students and professor Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Co presenter NLN Conference Update: “Developing an Evidence-Based Practice for Nurse Educator” to Nursing Faculty at Large, Scholarship of Teaching, Fort Wayne, IN.
- “Active Student Learning” in Nursing Faculty at Large, Scholarship of Teaching, Fort Wayne, IN.
- “Applying An Active Learning Approach to Evidence-Based Nursing Practice”, at Nuts and Bolts for Nurse Educators: Effective strategies for NCLEX Success, Bloomington, MN
- “Education is Key in Heart Failure Self-Care”, Lutheran Hospital and at University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN
- “Anxiety in the PET/CT”, report on pilot research project at Goshen General Hospital Research Week, Goshen, IN.
- “Education is Key in Heart Failure Self-Care”, at Goshen General Hospital Research Week, Goshen, IN
- Principal Investigator, for “Music Use in the Cardiac PET/CT to Decrease Anxiety as Measured by the State Trait Anxiety Inventory: A Pilot Study” Funded by Goshen General Hospital Cardiology Dept., Goshen, IN.
- General Education Assessment Week 2009- 2012 for GE department participated in direct assessment of GE artifacts to determine if GE Outcomes were met in a variety of courses at University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Member, Board of Service, Shepherd by the Lakes Lutheran
- Chairperson, Health Ministry Team at Shepherd By the Lakes Lutheran Church
- Member of Kosciusko County Right to Life Chain 2008-2011
- Member Altar Guild at Shepherd By the Lakes Lutheran Church
- Member Mary/Martha Society Shepherd By the Lakes Lutheran Church
- Community lecture, “Let’s Talk About Drugs” Presented to Cardiac Club at Greencroft Senior Center to inform seniors about medication safety and use in Goshen, IN.