David Johnson, PhD, CNS-BC
PhD Indiana University, 1999
MA Ball State University, 1983
BS Purdue University at Fort Wayne, 1980 AD Purdue University at Fort Wayne, 1978
Selected Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Leadership & Management. National Student Nurses Association, 2007
- Teaching Excellence and Leadership Award, University of Saint Francis, 2004-2005
- Achievement in Nursing award: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society, presented by Xi Nu Chapter, 1997
- Achievement in Nursing Administration: Indiana University at Indianapolis, 1996
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society, Xi Nu Chapter at-Large
- Northeast Indiana Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team
- Allen Country Mental Health Association
- Chemical Impairment Advisory Council: Parkview Health
- American Society for Training and Development
Sauter, M., Gillespie, N. & Johnson, D. R. (2009). Educational program evaluation. In Billings, D. & Halstead, J. (Eds.), Teaching in nursing: A Guide for faculty. St Louis: Elsevier Saunders.
The Power of Pause: Serenity and the Relaxation Response. USF Living Healthier Series. 7/23/08.
Living the Retirement Lifestyle. Keynote Sponsored by Lutheran Homes. 5/22/08.
Creating Resilient Teams. Bluffton Regional Medical Center. Keynote address. 4/25.08.
Open Up Your World to Enrich Your World. Keynote State Conference. AWHONN/ACNM. 4/11/08.
Healing: A Holistic Approach to Life and Health. Keynote Leadership Fort Wayne, 3/20/08.
Appreciative Inquiry: Building Cultures of Quality. NEIONE. 11/6/07.
Appreciative Inquiry: Building Cultures of Quality. IONE. 10/18/07.
Sunrays of Hope. Living Healthier Series. USF. 9/26/07.
- License Marriage and Family Therapist
- License Clinical Social Worker
- American Nurses Association Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health)