Cold reigns at first Cougar Chill
The USF Student Nurses Association (SNA) hosted the first-ever Cougar Chill Feb. 22 to raise money for children going to the Hoosier Burn Camp this summer. Participants raised money before the event and then jumped into the university's Mirror Lake, with Rob Lydick of NewsChannel 15 as event emcee.
"This event originated with USF nursing student Toni Winslow sharing her life experience as a burn survivor and camp participant with another nursing student, SNA President Kevin Dirksen. Kevin then became very passionate about making a difference in the lives of these individuals," said SNA faculty adviser and USF assistant professor of nursing, Rene' DePew.
"He and his SNA leadership team have worked diligently since last fall to pull together this event, the first polar plunge fundraiser. Ultimately they will have collected over $5,000, which will assist at least five individuals from around the Indiana and the Midwest to participate in the Hoosier Burn Camp this summer.
They learned how to work together and follow rules, regulations and policies to pull out a very large event. They ended up with 26 plungers and over 100 observers for the day."
We Want Your Story
The Marketing Team is looking for people and stories to be featured on the homepage. Have you taken a class from a great professor that you think deserves to be featured? Know an alumnus who has an interesting job? Maybe you have done work that made a difference to people? How has USF impacted your life? We want to know your story! Send an email to the webmaster and tell us why you or someone you know should be featured on sf.edu.
- We the People
- Campus busy for Christmas at USF
- A day “on”—USF-style
- Chile immersion a service adventure
- Forget glamour
- Historic MLK Jr. speech anchors USF’s “Future of Education”
- Student’s rain garden supports Green Campus initiatives
- Setting the Stage for Comedy
- USF Diversity Resource Center will provide lots of ways to view differences
- Tickled pink—and blue—and purple—etc.
- Sweet Deal
- One unique heart
- All you need is Love
- Steel Magnolias
- Future of Nursing
- Cougar Classic
- USF students partner with Fort Wayne Children's Zoo on video
- Art Deco Clothing
- Homecoming 2012
- Bennett visits USF to discuss education changes
- Will Rogers Follies
- Cultivating Confidence
- Spring play examines social injustice
- It's All for Them
- Troubadours, Cougars enjoy phenomenal Homecoming
- SOCA students soar at Addy awards
- Cold reigns at first Cougar Chill