META - Media Entrepreneurship Training in the Arts
The Media Entrepreneurship Training in the Arts (META) program brings digital/visual arts, science, technology and business together to give students the edge in the rapidly growing field of multimedia business.
META is a cross-disciplinary collaborative that focuses on rigorous project-based learning to uniquely address the changing landscape of creative industries and potentially foster the growth of small businesses.
The META Curriculum Emphasizes
- communication skills
- collaborative work
- creative problem solving
The program gives USF students an advanced opportunity to experience and develop a variety of skill sets important not only in their chosen creative field, but crucial for understanding fundamental business components, industry interaction, and activate entrepreneurial ventures in the community.
Students in any Major may apply to the program at the end of their sophomore year.
Benefits to Students Include
- extensive hands-on learning that addresses the way current students learn
- project based learning contributes to the development of team work and collaboration skills
- interdisciplinary learning which equips students to succeed in a multifaceted work environment
- students graduate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to start their own business
- teaches core business concepts and entrepreneurial thinking along with technical skills
- creates a competitive environment that encourages students to work harder
View the Curriculum Plan for the META Program