Communication Arts and Graphic Design
Prepare for an exciting career in advertising and graphic design in a program that develops artistic skill and professional discipline in the world of visual communication and presentation.
Students in the Communication Arts and Graphic Design program benefit from:
- Regular portfolio reviews with faculty
- Internships with professional design agencies
- Access to secured facilities 24/7
- Strong relationships with the professional advertising association
- Numerous gallery and lecture programs
- Travel abroad opportunities
Students also take advantage of opportunities that promote and support the development of leadership and organizational skills. CAGD students are encouraged to get involved in Insignia Advertising, our official college chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF).
AAF members also find themselves welcomed at the local Addy Awards competition. CAGD students:
- Coordinate the Addy Gallery
- Attend the event
- Network with area professionals
- Enter the Student Addy Competition.
But at the University of Saint Francis we don't just enter. In recent years SOCA students have won numerous awards that have gone on to win in the District Addy Competition and then moved on to the National Competition.
Each spring, area designers meet with CAGD students to:
- Critique their portfolios
- Offer valuable insight about the marketplace and the profession.
Many students have been offered internships from these sessions.
View the Curriculum Plans
- Bachelor of Art in Communication Arts and Design
- Associate of Art in Communication Arts and Graphic Design