Ways to Give
The university has grown immensely since 1944 to an institution of more than 2,300 students. Learn more about the University of Saint Francis.
Over thirty percent of the university’s alumni graduated in the last 15 years. Nearly seventy percent of the university’s alumni live in Indiana and over thirty percent still live within a 10 mile radius of downtown Fort Wayne. The University of Saint Francis is a major force in the region and its impact is growing every year.
Nearly every USF student receives some form of financial support from the university and without this assistance many students would not have the opportunity to obtain a higher education.
Ways to Give:
To make a gift or payment of a pledge, mail your check (payable to the University of Saint Francis) to:
University of Saint Francis
2701 Spring Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
To make a pledge to USF, please say YES to our student phoneathon callers or call the Development Office.
Restricted and Unrestricted Gifts
The university relys on both restricted and unrestricted gifts to fulfill its mission. Talk to us about how you may best support USF in keeping with your own philanthropic goals.
- You identify some preference as to how the gift will be used (e.g., done to Campus Ministry or nursing program).
- USF will ensure the funds are used for your intentions.
- Other examples are restrictions to endowment, construction, research, library materials or equipment purchases.
- Indicates USF can use the gift where the greatest need is for the University.
- Examples include, but not limited to scholarship support, help fund a building or renovation project, or to leverage a matching grant.
Corporations and Foundations
Corporations and Foundations inquiring about donating to USF should contact Lynne McKenna Frazier, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations at 260-399-8035.
If you are looking for a way to balance charitable giving with your retirement needs, your estate planning efforts, or looking to give through a charitable gift annuity, consider contacting the Development office to make a planned gift.
Employee Matching Gifts
Matching gifts make your gift worth more! If you or your spouse works for a company that matches employees' charitable contributions, your gift could be doubled. Check with your human resources department to receive a matching gift form. Include the form with your gift to USF and we will do the rest.
Gifts of Stocks and Securities
In most cases you can deduct full fair market value of long-term securities for tax purposes. You also avoid paying tax on the capital gain of your securities when contributing to the University.
Gift of stock or securities involves:
- Publicly traded shares (e.g., traded on major exchanges and over the counter, as well as mutual funds).
- Restricted or privately held stock though more complex, are also possible.
- Your gift of stock is valued on the day we receive it.
Gift of securities provide you:
- Significant tax and financial benefits (e.g., bypassing capital gains taxes and providing a valuable income tax deduction).
Contact the Development office for further assistance.
Gifts of Real Estate
A gift of real estate is a unique way to provide a lasting benefit to the University. Gifts of real estate can be satisfying, but they require careful planning. Any gift of real estate must be reviewed and approved through the University's real estate acceptance procedures, which requires a donor to provide detailed and specific information about the property. Contact the Development office to learn more.
Indiana taxpayers are allowed a credit of fifty percent (50%) of the contribution or $100 (on a single or fiduciary return) or $200 (on a jointly filed return), whichever is less against their Indiana state adjusted gross income tax liability. For further information about this tax credit, contact the Indiana Department of Revenue, Taxpayer Services Division, 100 N. Senate Avenue IGCN 105, Indianapolis, IN., 46204-2253, telephone 317-232-2240.