The Office of Institutional Advancement
The Office of Institutional Advancement is responsible for securing private support ("friends" and "funds") for the University of Saint Francis. USF relies on private support – gifts and grants from alumni, parents and friends, as well as corporations and foundations – to advance the University’s mission of serving students "by facilitating learning, personal growth and professional development in an environment permeated by Franciscan values."
There are many reasons why private support to the University of Saint Francis is vital to the daily lives of our students and to our region.
- Tuition and fees do not cover the full cost of educating a student at USF. Every student, today as in the past, receives a "hidden scholarship," which comes from gifts to the USF Annual Fund and endowment income.
- For 98% of the university’s students, financial aid is essential to the pursuit of their educational goals.
- The university awarded more than $12 million of institutional scholarships in academic year 2010–2011.
- One student educated in the Saint Francis tradition, can positively affect the lives of thousands.
- Nearly 70% of our alumni live in Indiana.
- More than 30% of our alumni live within a 10 mile radius of downtown Fort Wayne.
Contact Institutional Advancement Staff
|Dr. Matthew J. Smith, Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Office: Brookside Room 201
Phone: 260.399.7700, ext. 8105; Fax: 260.399.8159
|Debra A. Boggs
Office: Brookside Room 214
Phone: 260.399.8031; Fax: 260.399.8159
Kathy Calvin, Administrative Assistant
|Lynne McKenna Frazier, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Office: Brookside Room 212
Phone: 260.399.8035; Fax: 260.399.8159
|Alexandra Ellis Kreager, Director of Annual Fund
Office: Brookside Room 213
Phone: 260.399.8007; Fax: 260.399.8159
|Sister Marilyn Oliver, Planned Giving and Missions
Office: Brookside Room 101
Phone: 260.399.8036; Fax: 260.399.8159
|Sandie L. Phalen, Director of Marketing & Development
Office: USF Crown Point site
Phone: 877.803.8879, ext. 5421; Fax: 219.488.8889
|William J. Slayton, Director of Campaigns and Major Gifts
Office: Brookside Room 305
Phone: 260.399.8033; Fax: 260.399.8159
Tatiana C. Walzer, Data Manager
|Donald F. Schenkel, University Consultant
Office: Brookside Room
Phone: 260.399.8030; Fax: 260.399.8159