Achieving Credits Early: Dual Credit Program at the University of Saint Francis
Don't miss the first ever Fort Wayne Dual Credit Information Night on February 27 from 6-8 p.m.
Our Achieving Credits Early (ACE) program allows high school students to take university credits in a university setting while still in high school. This program fulfills requirements for students wishing to graduate with an Indiana Academic Honors Diploma.
Benefits of our ACE Program
- Lowest cost in Fort Wayne for an in-classroom experience
- $300 per class, not credit hour
- $255 per class for Bishop Dwenger or Bishop Luers students
- Broad range of subjects available: English composition, psychology, sociology, drawing, 2-D composition, anatomy and physiology, religious studies and algebra (plus many more!)
- Can begin as a high school sophomore, providing students meet the criteria below
- Fully accredited institution, making credits easily transferable (not that they’ll want to go anywhere else after they experience USF first-hand!)
- If students participate in the ACE program for multiple semesters, they can take 200- or 300-level courses once they complete our prerequisite requirements.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Juniors and seniors: GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Sophomores: GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Must maintain a 2.7 GPA in USF courses to continue
- SAT of 1000 (not including writing) or ACT of 21 (satisfactory PSAT or PLAN scores if a junior or sophomore)
To apply, students must provide the following:
- Completed application
- ACE Essay:
Why you wish to participate in the Achieving Credits Early Program?
Why you feel you would be successful at the University of Saint Francis?
- Official high school transcript
- SAT or ACT scores (PSAT/PLAN if junior or sophomore)
- Letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher