Associate Of Arts In Liberal Studies
Students will fulfill the general education requirements of the University exploring various courses in social and natural sciences, humanities, religious studies and math. In addition, students will explore an additional 24 credit hours in self-selected concentrations such as healthcare, business, theology, history, or other areas. Beyond this, students have a generous 9-10 hours for electives to further explore liberal studies, or pursue additional interest. View the curriculum here.
Full-time, faculty in the School of Arts and Sciences serve as academic advisors and mentors to Liberal Studies majors, assisting them in designing a program that meets their needs to pursue degree completion or continue to a bachelor’s degree.
School of Arts and Science full time faculty will also serve as instructors in many of the courses in the program, giving students a rich interdisciplinary experience.
As many college programs narrow their focus or develop programs in technical skills, the number of true liberal arts colleges and interdisciplinary degree programs are decreasing nationwide. This is occurring despite a growing number of students expressing an interest in such programs, and graduate schools seeking such students. The University of Saint Francis Crown Point is pleased to offer this program which derives its grounding from within the traditions of classic university education and also allows students flexibility in designing their curriculum or completing their degree.
How Do I Apply for Admission
- Request an application for admission from the Office of Admissions or apply online.
- If completing a paper application send the completed application along with the required non-refundable application fee of $20 to the Office of Admissions.
- Have an official copy of your high school transcript showing class rank and ACT or SAT results sent to the Admissions Office. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the school and have a school seal or signature of a school official.
- If you did not finish high school, have your high school transcript sent in addition to your GED test score results.
- If you have attended post-secondary institutions, submit an official transcript from each institution attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they are sent directly from the institution and have the seal or signature of an official.
- If you have been in military service, submit a copy of your DD214 military discharge form.
The Associates of Arts in Liberal Studies offers students a versatile major designed to equip them with a range of skills and knowledge. This major prepares students for a wide variety of personal and professional aspirations by providing an intellectual formation in the liberal arts tradition as it aligns with the mission of the University of Saint Francis.
The Associates of Liberal Studies at the University of Saint Francis Crown Point focuses on the formation of the “whole” student. The program fosters a sense of community around academics. In pursuing multiple areas of interest, students gain depth and breadth in their knowledge base, solid deductive reasoning, problem solving, reading and writing skills based on their range of studies.
The program provides flexibility for either a customized program encompassing two or more areas of study or a generalist approach to arts and sciences.
Financial aid is available in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work study. More than 95 percent of undergraduate students receive financial assistance; most receive more than one type of aid. Early Estimator packages are available for dependent students during the fall at sf.edu/financialaid. All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Priority deadline is no later than March 10.
For More Information
Call the Crown Point Enrollment Office Toll Free at 877-803-8879 or 219-488-8888