Family Day 2012-Reconnect
The second annual USF Family Day is Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012, and the offices of Student Life, Enrollment Services, Athletics and Alumni Relations are gearing up to repeat last year’s awesome experience.
USF Alumni and their families and USF students and their families are invited to a full day to explore USF, meet its school deans and faculty, tour its beautiful campus and buildings and experience its exciting athletics.
- Registration is located at the North Campus from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Drive to the back of the building for main registration area.)
- A Meet ’n Greet Brunch with the Deans is located at the North Campus gymnasium from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Take this opportunity to meet the deans and faculty from each of the schools and get a chance to learn more about the programs and happenings at USF.
- The School of Creative Arts Galleries is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- USF Campus Shoppe is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Pope John Paul II Center.
- Self-guided tours of Brookside will take place from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Take this opportunity to go through the university’s historic gem.
- Campus Ministry Kids Craft Project is offered from 12:30 to 4 p.m., located in the conference room at the Campus Ministry building.
- Family-friendly activities and competitions.
- USF women’s and men’s basketball teams will take on Grace College at 1 and 3 p.m., respectively. Games are located at the Hutzell Athletic Center.
- Student Center will be open from 2 to 5 p.m. This is a great opportunity to take a break from the action of the day. Come play a friendly game of pool, Wii or foosball, sing Karaoke style or get reenergized by grabbing a bite at the Snack Bar.
- Residence Hall Open House takes place from 2 to 5 p.m. Take this opportunity to check out the dorm life. See the facelift of Bonzel, the high-tech features in Clare Hall or the apartment life of Padua.
- Mass will be from 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. in the Trinity Chapel (doors located at the west end of the building).
- Dinner will be from 5 to 6:15 p.m., located in the North Campus gymnasium (drive to back of building for main gym entrance).
- Family entertainment by Midwest Dueling Pianos is located in the North Campus auditorium from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Service Collection Project—Share the Warmth is under way. The University of Saint Francis teams up with the Volunteer Center RSVP to bring a little warmth to the community.
Collection bins will be located around campus for donations of hats, scarves, mittens and gloves. Drop your contribution in one of the bins, take it to Brookside or bring it to any of the events listed.